Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup
I love anything warm and in a soup form. This is one of my favorites because it’s nothing but veggies, but sweet enough to taste like it’s too good to be true. This is naturally vegan and gluten-free. I did this in the crock-pot so I could go about the day and it came out great!
- 2 cup low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled, seeded, diced
- 1 medium carrot peeled, diced
- 1 medium white onion diced
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple diced
- 2 clove garlic peeled, diced
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
Combine vegetable stock, butternut squash, carrot, onion, apple, garlic, coconut milk, salt, pepper, cayenne, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a slow cooker.
Cook for 3-4 hours on high until the squash is completely tender.
Proceed with other daily to-do’s.
Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth or transfer batches into a regular blender and pulse until smooth.
Add some spices on top of it if you’d like. My grandfather puts a liquid chili glaze on top of this- its amazing!