Is it just me or do bananas ripen in the blink of an eye?? Maybe I need to adjust to this feeding one person lifestyle but I am always looking at 2-3 super ripe bananas on my counter top. This is not a bad thing because there are so many yummy things you can do with them and usually with few ingredients.
Super ripe bananas are showing higher antioxidant properties too so think twice before throwing them out!
These only took 30 minutes start to finish and the texture is great! They’re gooey and warm 🙂
What you’ll need:
1 ½ cup cooking oats
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 overripe mashed bananas
¼ cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg lightly beaten
¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
What you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 9×9 baking pan.
- Mix together oats, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, mix the mashed bananas and peanut butter together.
- Add egg, vanilla extract and mix.
- Add almond milk and continue to mix.
- Add bowl of dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix.
- Pour mixture into greased baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
I store these in the fridge because it made a bunch. I reheat them for 20 seconds so they’re warm and gooey, but cold is good too!