Black Bean Burger
I loOove the black bean fritter from @thebeehivecafe and probably pay their rent in my weekly orders. I decided to try to whip up some of my own - they were a hit and were super helpful to have on hand in the mornings for a quick breakfast! Topped mine with an egg scramble and avocado, just like theirs! Not too shab.
- 1 cup rolled oats GF, if preferred
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1 1/4 inch piece fresh turmeric (or ¼ teaspoon groungrated
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1/3 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 1/2 cup cooked or 1 15-ounce BPA-free can or Tetra Pak salt-free black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons tahini or almond butter
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 2 teaspoons white miso paste
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Savory Spice Blend
Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
Pulse the oats, walnuts, and turmeric in a food processor until they are finely ground. Add the onion, mushrooms, beans, tahini, and flaxseeds and pulse until well combined. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse to mix well.
Transfer the mixture to a work surface and divide into four equal portions. Shape each into a patty about ½-inch thick and transfer to a plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper and arrange the burgers on it. Bake until hot and lightly browned, turning once, about 25 minutes.
Recipe from How Not to Die Cookbook
Would you try these?